October 30, 2017 at 6:37 pm #1766
Hi, I was happy reducing all my Gemini data with Eureka, but I received new GMOS data and I had to migrate to Astroconda-Pyraf.
Now I’m stacked with an following error after running gsreduce. Please
see the file attached.
I’m working with IRAF 2.16 and Gemini 1.14.
I would appreciate any help.
Attachments:October 30, 2017 at 11:28 pm #1768
Someone reported seeing this message once before, but didn’t provide any follow-up information to help understand why it happened. I believe it indicates that your MDF file is missing a slitpos_mx column; is that the case? As on the previous occasion, your MDF files seem to be missing from the archive, for some reason. Where did you get this MDF file? Are you sure it isn’t really the ODF (from which the MDF is supposed to be generated)? I can’t see where it’s coming from because your log just has “Using already gprepared image gN20170927S0279”.
James.00October 31, 2017 at 11:11 am #1774
thanks for your answer.
Yes, you’re right it is not the MDF file but the ODF. I could not find the MDF file in the Gemini archive. Please let me know how can I get the proper file.
charly00October 31, 2017 at 2:14 pm #1778
Thanks for confirming that this is due to using the ODF file. I’ll ask GN why the MDF is missing.00November 2, 2017 at 6:47 pm #1822
It seems that a manual step involved in your MDF reaching the archive had been overlooked. You should now be able to find GN2017BQ050-01.fits there.00November 6, 2017 at 1:40 pm #1856
thanks for your mail.
I’ve already downloaded the MDF file and I began the reductions from scratch, but I’ve got the same error again. Please find attached the gsreduce output file. I sincerely do not know what is wrong.
regards00November 8, 2017 at 1:36 am #1874
There isn’t an output file attached to your last post…
Have you changed “mdfdir” to your working directory (eg. “./”) in which GN2017BQ050-01.fits is the newly-downloaded MDF file? You could also set “mdffile=GN2017BQ050-01”, though I think it should figure that out from the headers.00November 8, 2017 at 6:15 pm #1892
I’m sorry I forgot to attach the file.
Despite I never used the mdffile variable in my previous reductions, I followed your advice and I set mdffile = GN2017BQ050-01.
I obtained the same error.
Please see the file attached.
Regards and thanks again.00
Attachments:November 8, 2017 at 8:23 pm #1895
You’re getting the same error because it’s re-using the existing gN20170927S0279.fits. Try deleting that file and also setting “mdfdir=./” (or wherever you put GN2017BQ050-01.fits, if not in the current working directory).
Hope that helps!00November 9, 2017 at 12:09 pm #1904
yes! you’re right. I should’ve realized about that.
Now it works!
Thank you very much!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.